Chef, television personality, and author Anthony Bourdain continues to lead a fascinating life. First gaining notoriety back in the early 90s with his brilliant autobiographical tale Kitchen Confidential and subsequent tv series A Cook’s Tour, he’s never really gone away. Mellowing in recent years, the former occasionally foul-mouthed Travel Channel host brought his world traversing docu-style food-a-mentaries to CNN.
His Parts Unknown series has garnered several award nominations and wins thanks to Zero Point Zero Productions, and it continues to set the bar for chef celebrity types and their interaction in the world. Perhaps also it should be noted that Bourdain has been one of the most outspoken men on twitter in support of his girlfriend, director and actress Asia Argento during the recent Harvey Weinstein issues.
Seriously, just look who he made Thanksgiving dinner for.
— Anthony Bourdain (@Bourdain) November 25, 2017
Anyhow, on tonight’s Southern Italy episode and season finale of Parts Unknown, Tony sits down to dinner with one of the most notable Italian American directors in a generation, Francis Ford Coppola. The pair speak about everything, including some of Coppola’s illustrious film titles (The Godfather) between amazing plates of food.
Italian born Argento appears in the episode as well. This is her first appearance in the series alongside her boyfriend, and she shows him up HARD in the fishing department. If you know Tony’s history with fishing segments on his various shows, no doubt you’ll find tonight’s episode that much more entertaining.
— CNN Entertainment (@CNNent) November 26, 2017
You can watch some of the highlights from the meal on the official Parts Unknown website here.
- The Essential Bourdain: A Cook's Tour Season 1, Vol. 3
- Remaining Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown Episodes Will Air on CNN
- Bono Dedicated a U2 Song to Anthony Bourdain During Apollo Show
- Asia Argento, Eric Ripert React to Anthony Bourdain's Passing
- The One Place Anthony Bourdain Can't Go, Because of Insurance
- The 75th Annual Golden Globes Are Tonight, We'll Be Live Tweeting
- Bleeding Cool Chatter #5: Talking Harvey Weinstein, AKA The Worst
- Kevin Smith Will Donate All TWC Residuals To 'Women In Film' Non Profit
- 'Spielberg': HBO Releases First Trailer for Steven Spielberg Doc
- Former Vertigo Editor Karen Berger Launches Initial Line-Up Of Berger Books At Dark Horse, With Dave Gibbons, Ann Nocenti, David Aja And Anthony Bourdain
- The Godfather Notebook To Be Published In November
- Another Helping Of Anthony Bourdain's Get Jiro! In A Food Dominated Future
- Asia Argento Updates On Dario Argento's Dracula
- Let’s Talk About ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Season 15 Episode 11 - August 20, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Responds to Script Leak - August 20, 2018
- Emmy Nominee Ann Dowd Talks Aunt Lydia from ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ - August 20, 2018
- Netflix Renews Emmy Nominated Series ‘GLOW’ for Season 3 - August 20, 2018
- ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Details Revealed - August 20, 2018