Mena Massoud was announced as playing the title character in Disney live-action remake of the classic Disney cartoon at D23. The movie started shooting back in September and now has a release date of May 24, 2019. Today, it turns out, is the 25th anniversary of the original release and Massound took to twitter to celebrate the movie he is now involved in.
— Mena Massoud (@MenaMassoud) November 25, 2017
Last week Mousand took to instagram to post a short video from the set. He said they have been working on the “Friend in Me” number and he said that co-star Will Smith is “the best cast mate I could ever ask for” and that we “are gonna have so much fun watching this,” he said.
The movie is more than a year away so it’s going to be some time before we see some footage from this one. It has a pretty good cast and people seem to enjoy the live-action movies if the box office for Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book are anything to go by.
A live-action retelling of the 1992 Disney film of the same name.
Aladdin, directed by Guy Ritchie, stars Mena Massoud, Naomi Scott, Will Smith, Marwan Kenzari, and Numan Acar. It will be released on May 24, 2019.
- The Live-Action Aladdin Remake Will Have 2 New Songs
- Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri Review: The Dark Comedy We Need Right Now
- Coco Review: One Of Pixar's Best So Far
- Unboxing The Last Jedi Funko Smuggler's Bounty Star Wars Box
- [Very] Early Estimates Say Avengers: Endgame Could Make $2B at the Worldwide Box Office - December 9, 2018
- Amy Adams Thinks She’s Out of the DC Universe - December 9, 2018
- Carol Danvers Stands Tall in This New Poster for Captain Marvel - December 8, 2018
- First Trailer for Brightburn Imagines ‘What If Superman Was Evil?’ - December 8, 2018
- Dark Phoenix’s Script Was Reviewed by Kevin Feige, Will Have a Similar Tone to Logan - December 8, 2018