Creative Assembly has a track record to be proud of. They are the gatekeepers of the excellent Total War series but have shown they are capable of something great away from the strategy genre with Alien: Isolation.
Now, it seems they are out ready to make a ‘genre-defining’ IP. This comes by way of three new job listings (via PCGamesN) at the developer for a senior meta game designer, lead technical artist and lead systems designer. There isn’t much here in way of specifics, however, it does mention these positions are for a new IP (sorry, Alien: Isolation 2). Under the listing for the senior meta game designer position, it says:
This is an opportunity for a proven world class Meta Designer to make their mark on our new undisclosed IP contributing to creation of genre-defining games and working with the industry’s top developers.
I’m pretty much down with whatever Creative Assembly is hauling, and them trying to define a genre with a new property has me excited.
- Pokemon Go Still Surging as Game Makes $84 Million in September - October 15, 2018
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018
- PlayStation Network Name Changes Are Finally Coming - October 11, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Currently Has The Most Concurrent Players In Franchise History on Steam - October 9, 2018
- Sony Has Acknowleged that the Next PlayStation is on the Way - October 9, 2018