We got bad news and good news for those of you waiting to see Super Mighty Power Man be funded. First the bad as the crew behind the game have canceled their Kickstarter. Now the good: they did so because someone else took interest in the game. The group hasn’t revealed who is looking into them, but essentially they shut down their funding because it appears they’ll be getting funding elsewhere. And good for them for doing so! That’s the dream in a nutshell.
As you may all have noticed by now we have been quiet for the past few days. One of the reasons for that is because we have been approached by several publishers. We are currently discussing with them alternatives on how to secure the development and the release of Super Mighty Power Man. Even though no contract has been signed yet, we are confident enough to say that the project will get funded and published at some point, which is a great news!
In addition, another reason for our silence was the reception of our Kickstarter campaign. It is right to say that we haven’t succeeded in interesting enough people with our pledge tiers and late release date. Unlike many Kickstarter campaigns that overpromise and end up being late, we weren’t willing to follow a similar path. We are assured, based on the overall interest and tons of positive feedback we got from the press, backers and players that if we had gone crazy by announcing loads of physical rewards and an early release date on all platforms at once, our campaign would have probably succeeded. Nevertheless, it would also have been totally unrealistic to publicize such claims especially coming from an indie studio as small as ours. Therefore, we took the decision to cancel the campaign.
We want to thank you, our beloved backers, for believing in us and our project right from the start.
- 'To The Moon 2' Gets A Release Date With A New Trailer
- Netflix Renews MST3K For Season 2 – We're Getting More Movie Sign!
- The First Hour Of Star Citizen 3.0 Has Found Its Way Online
- Session Hopes To Capture The Magic Of Skateboarding Sims Like Skate
- Civilization 5 Lead Designer Leaves Paradox Interactive After 6 Months
- Nightmare World Omnibus Courtesy Of Devil's Due/1First's February 2018 Solicits
- Blizzard Celebrates the Holidays With a New Stop Motion Video - December 18, 2018
- “Anaconda” and “Lockhart” Are the Code Names for Xbox’s Next Consoles - December 18, 2018
- Devil May Cry 5 Shows Off New Character “V” in Latest Trailer - December 18, 2018
- Square Enix Confirms Life is Strange 2 – Episode 2 Release Date - December 18, 2018
- Review: Nike’s PG 2.5 PlayStation Classic Colorway - December 18, 2018