Once the terrifying image of Superman passed in the opening prologue of Justice League we get a scene with Batman and a robber who looks very familiar who have watched Mindhunter on Netflix this year. Holt McCallany was our robber and he spoke to Collider about that scene and that it was originally a comedic scene but that got changed in the edit.
“I love Joss Whedon. My scene with Batman was originally conceived as a comedic scene. That’s how Joss wrote it, and that’s how we shot it. I thought it came out great, but the studio felt it would be a mistake to open the film with a completely comedic scene, so it was re-edited a little bit. I was disappointed, but when I got home to New York I found a bottle of my favorite Champagne and a note from Joss that said ‘To Battles Lost. Gratefully, Joss.’ I can’t tell you how much it meant to me that he took the time to write to me. Joss Whedon is a class act. I had the letter framed.”
It would have been a bit of a weird way to start off the movie but not any weirder than seeing Superman’s horrifying CGI upper lip one minute into the movie.
Summary: Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.
Justice League, directed by Zack Snyder, stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, and Henry Cavill. It’s out now.
- Unboxing The Last Jedi Funko Smuggler's Bounty Star Wars Box
- Riverdale Funko Pops Are Coming Soon!
- We May Be Getting A New Rocksteady 'Batman' Game
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix and Marvel Cancel Luke Cage - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018