Star Citizen has been in development for a very long time. It’s been over five years now, to be precise, which has led many to write the game off despite the humongous amounts of money it has made since its Kickstarter debut. However, some kind of end seems to be in sight. 3.0 of the game, something akin to ‘Early Access’. It was dropped in October to a very select few players, and even though it’s out, like most things with this game, it’s still shrouded in mystery.
Videos have mostly been from the developer painting it in the best light they can, and the tiny group of people chosen to test are under NDA, so getting player feedback has been tough. That all being said, here is probably our best look at it so far.
User Xenthor Xi (via Eurogamer) has posted up an hour of uninterrupted footage of the game in action so we can really get a good idea of what this game actually is. It’s mostly just setup and the player landing on planets. No denying it certainly looks impressive, though. Take a look:
Here’s hoping 3.0 finds its way out to the public soon. People have wanted to play this game for half a decade. We’re ready.
- All Star Citizen Backers Can Download Alpha 3.0 Today
- Star Citizen Livestream Boasts Funding Goal & New Content
- 'Star Citizen' Reveals Another Starship With The "Hammerhead"
- 'Star Citizen' Shows Off A New Ship In Latest Video
- 'Super Mighty Power Man' Kickstarter Shut Down Due To Publisher Interest
- Blizzard Seem Confident That Diablo III Will Get Cross-Console Play - October 12, 2018
- PlayStation Network Name Changes Are Finally Coming - October 11, 2018
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Currently Has The Most Concurrent Players In Franchise History on Steam - October 9, 2018
- Sony Has Acknowleged that the Next PlayStation is on the Way - October 9, 2018
- Total War: Warhammer 2 Gets Zombie Pirates in the Next Expansion - October 5, 2018