Marvel Entertainment and FoxNext Games, a division of 21st Century Fox, have announced and released a teaser trailer for new mobile game Marvel Strike Force.
A strategy RPG coming out next year that sees the players assemble teams of heroes and villains from Marvel’s extensive roster to fight off an alien invasion.
The story for the game follows a Kree Eternal called Ultimus, who has a fixation on Earth having travelled dimension to dimension conquering them and he has now arrived on the heroes Earth looking to continue his path of conquest. Enter S.T.R.I.K.E., the Strategic Tactical Reserve for Interdimensional Key Events, a British intelligence agency on a par with S.H.I.E.L.D. who gather the teams of heroes and villains to tackle the threat.
All in all, it sounds rather like DC Legends, which is currently available on iOS and Android, with a few key distinctions. For one, teams can be made up of up to five characters at a time, and the game starts with a full roster of 70 characters including Captain America, Doctor Strange, Groot, Luke Cage and Spider-Man.
Players can also equip gear that can be upgraded over time allowing for new tactical options. Also, the game will contain player vs NPC and player vs player modes, including the ability to form guilds to play co-cooperatively with friends with this playing a major role in the endgame.
Marvel Strike Force will apparently be free to play, so as of now it is unclear how they will monetise the game. However, it may be reasonable to assume that it would be in a similar way to how DC Legends is monetised, via premium characters and in game currency, and presumable the gear elements, for players to purchase to improve their chances within the game.
The game will be available for iOS and Android, and you can sign up for pre-registration at the Marvel Strike Force website.
And of course, it should be noted that yet again, the game appears to contain no X-Men characters.
- Gamestop, ThinkGeek Get Two New Marvel Gallery Statues From Diamond Select
- Gazillion Entertainment Shuts Down Marvel Heroes
- The Inhumans Are Finally Arriving At Avengers Academy
- Marvel Contest Of Champions Updates Alliance Wars
- 2017 Television Countdown #4: The Steven Universe Accidental Racism Apology - December 31, 2017
- Doomsday Clock Speculation: Is Doctor Manhattan Posing as a DC Superhero? - December 29, 2017
- Eugenic #3 Review: The Horror Ends with a Look at the Horrors of Ignorance - December 27, 2017
- Well, Does Anyone Like the ‘Jubilee is a Vampire’ Idea? - December 27, 2017
- A Major Unexpected Return in Today’s Spider-Men II #5 - December 27, 2017