Murder on the Orient Express is turning into a modest little hit. The movie was made for $50 million dollars and has already made $150 million at the box office. Director Kenneth Branagh already dropped a hint as to what book he would like to adapt next, Death on the Nile. Now it looks like Branagh might get his wish. According to The Hollywood Reporter, a sequel is in the works at Fox based on Death on the Nile.
Death on the Nile, first published in 1937, saw the detective on a vacation in Egypt and becoming involved in a love triangle gone murderously bad. The novel once again featured socialites, social climbers and high society’s help in the cast.
Branagh isn’t confirmed to return yet in either capacity, but he is expected to. Meanwhile, Michael Green, who adapted the screenplay for Orient Express, is penning the script.
Summary: A lavish train ride unfolds into a stylish & suspenseful mystery. From the novel by Agatha Christie, Murder on the Orient Express tells of thirteen stranded strangers & one man’s race to solve the puzzle before the murderer strikes again.
Murder on the Orient Express, directed by Kenneth Branagh, stars Branagh, Daisy Ridley, Josh Gad, Penélope Cruz, Willem Dafoe, Judi Dench, Leslie Odom, Jr., Tom Bateman, Derek Jacobi, Marwan Kenzari, Olivia Colman, Lucy Boynton, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo, Sergei Polunin, and Johnny Depp. It’s in theaters now.
- Disney Fires Guardians of the Galaxy Director James Gunn Over Old Offensive Tweets - July 20, 2018
- 20th Century Fox Brings the Fun to Their Panel for The Predator - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Comic-Con Iron Fist Season 2 Panel Live-Blog - July 19, 2018
- First Teaser Trailer for Series 11 of Doctor Who Debuts at SDCC [VIDEO] - July 19, 2018
- At SDCC, Working Geek Moms Still Gotta Bring Home a Gift - July 19, 2018