Marvel has been dropping clues about their 2018 plans in a series of increasingly more ridiculous press releases. Yesterday, a press release asked, “Where Is Wolverine And What Is His Shocking Secret?” Today, a press release declares, “Captain America: Back On Ice…The Answer Will Shock You!” The move to clickbait press releases is fitting in a way, considering the constant spamming of super-mega-crossover events, line-wide relaunches, and variant covers is basically the comic book version of clickbait anyway.
In any case, apparently, Captain America is going back into the ice for Captain America #698, presumably as part of Mark Waid and Chris Samnee‘s attempt to make Captain America great again in an effort to cleanse him of the Nazi stink from Secret Empire. The press release declares:
Once, he was a man out of time…and now he’s about to re-live that moment all over again. Following the shocking ending of CAPTAIN AMERICA #697, Steve Rogers is back on ice in CAPTAIN AMERICA #698, and it’s a brave new (and cold) world. Now, it’s up to the super soldier to assemble a new group of Howling Commandos to help him battle for this freedom.
“Everybody thought it couldn’t happen again — but it has!” said Tom Brevoort. “Once more, Cap is a man out of time — but the new era he finds himself in is fraught with perils, personal hardships, and challenges unlike anything the shield-slinger has ever experienced before. The lead-up to our big blow-out #700 issue starts here!”
Look for this in stores in February.
CAPTAIN AMERICA #698 – OUT OF TIME Part 1
Written by MARK WAID
Art and Cover by CHRIS SAMNEE
- The Charlie Brown Reboot You Never Knew You Needed is Back on Kickstarter for Weapon Brown: Aftershock - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – It’s Not a Happy Birthday for Logan in Weapon X #15 - March 19, 2018
- Dark Horse to Collect Matt Kindt’s 3 Story: The Secret History of the Giant Man in New Expanded Edition - March 19, 2018
- Braun Strowman Must Find Partner for WrestleMania Tag Team Title Match; Here’s the 3 Most Likely Choices - March 19, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Drinking, Killing, and Portable Storage Technology in Old Man Logan #36 - March 19, 2018