Simon Myers is a fine comic book- and portrait – artist, whose work has adorned many a Doctor Who comic book cover of late from Titan Comics. I have his Peter Capaldi cover original art in pride of place in my study.
He’s now making a lot of his original cover art available on eBay, as well as unused covers, other pieces of art, many with a Doctor Who theme, but also Sherlock and Marvel movie actors.
Oh and this blank cover “sketch” of the new Doctor Who, as played by Jodie Whittaker.
Well, it’s good to get this kind of thing in early.
Perhaps best known for his work on the Doctor Who Comic Books by Titan Comics, Simon created the “album homage” series of covers and the “watercolour portrait” covers for the series. He has created covers for many more of Titan Comics’ properties such as Assassin’s Creed, Torchwood, Vikings and Sherlock.
Simon has also created artwork for Dark Horse Comics’ Ghost and Star Wars Insider Magazine.
But before embarking on his career as an illustrator Simon worked as a Graphic Designer for the High Street Fashion Industry creating garment graphics for, amongst many others, TopMan, Burton Menswear, Ted Baker and Adidas. You can see some of his garment graphics by clicking here
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018
- Watch: Steven Spielberg Introduces Ready Player One to London IMAX Audience (VIDEO) - March 19, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalog for May 2018 + Solicits – Preludes and Weddings - March 19, 2018
- Batman’s Plan for Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy in This Week’s Batman #43 - March 19, 2018
- Man, Everyone Gets to be Worthy These Days (Thanos #16 and #17 Spoilers) - March 19, 2018