Simon Myers is a fine comic book- and portrait – artist, whose work has adorned many a Doctor Who comic book cover of late from Titan Comics. I have his Peter Capaldi cover original art in pride of place in my study.
He’s now making a lot of his original cover art available on eBay, as well as unused covers, other pieces of art, many with a Doctor Who theme, but also Sherlock and Marvel movie actors.
Oh and this blank cover “sketch” of the new Doctor Who, as played by Jodie Whittaker.
Well, it’s good to get this kind of thing in early.
Perhaps best known for his work on the Doctor Who Comic Books by Titan Comics, Simon created the “album homage” series of covers and the “watercolour portrait” covers for the series. He has created covers for many more of Titan Comics’ properties such as Assassin’s Creed, Torchwood, Vikings and Sherlock.
Simon has also created artwork for Dark Horse Comics’ Ghost and Star Wars Insider Magazine.
But before embarking on his career as an illustrator Simon worked as a Graphic Designer for the High Street Fashion Industry creating garment graphics for, amongst many others, TopMan, Burton Menswear, Ted Baker and Adidas. You can see some of his garment graphics by clicking here
- Boom’s Firefly #1 Has Pre-Orders of 57,291 Copies – Any More For Any More? - October 23, 2018
- Victor Gorelick Does Not Pay Tribute to Archie’s Co-CEO Nancy Silberkleit - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: What’s Up With The Inhumans Then? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Sorry, Jane Foster Isn’t Getting Her Own Comic Book? - October 23, 2018
- NYCC Goss: Charles Soule – From Daredevil to Star Wars - October 23, 2018