ABC and Marvel have released a new trailer for the fifth season of Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD that gives us some good teasers. We get to see some Kree (blue-skinned aliens) and the reaction to discovering that they’re in space. Mack’s (Henry Simmons) reaction might be the best with, “The one thing we haven’t done before.” There are also references to ‘True Believers’, something Stan Lee always called Marvel fans, and when asked what do they believe in… Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg).
This picks up from last season when the team had escaped the Framework, defeated Madam Hydra/Aida, and were relaxing with breakfast and expecting the military to come arrest them when they were abducted and taken to space instead. The series is getting a later than normal start, kicking off with a two-hour season premiere on December 1st, because of the eight-episode Marvel’s Inhumans that ran in September, October and November. How the Inhumans series, who are descendants of the Kree, will tie into the new season (if at all) remains to be seen. But the concept of Inhumans was first introduced in Agents of SHIELD and is why Daisy Johnson (Chloe Bennet) and Elena Rodriguez (Natalia Cordova-Buckley) got their powers.
Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD returns December 1st with a two-hour season premiere.
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Answer to the Black Canary Image from this Weekend - March 19, 2018
- Freeform Releases New Poster for Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger - March 19, 2018
- Syfy’s Nightflyers Changes Showrunners Before Pilot is Filmed - March 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 Will Have John Constantine Full-Time - March 19, 2018
- Joseph Michael Linsner and Kristina Deak-Linsner Team for New Vampirella Series - March 19, 2018