Groupe AB‘s Black Spot (Zone Blanche) is set to mark Amazon Prime Video‘s first foray into globally streaming French television programming, with word on Monday that the streaming service has acquired rights to the French drama-thriller. Directed by Thierry Poiraud and Julien Despaux and created by Mathieu Missoffe, the series premiered at the Berlin Film Festival and would go on to open the European Film Markets’s Berlinale Special Series before premiering on France 2 in April.
Here’s the original synopsis for Black Spot, starring Suliane Brahim, Laurent Capellutto, Hubert Delattre, Camille Aguilar and Samuel Jouy:
Villefranche. A small bordertown lost in the heart of a large forest which makes any phone call hazardous. A place like no other, increasingly deserted by its inhabitants while crime rate is six times higher than elsewhere in the area. Besides that, everything is fine.
The urban, awkward and newly appointed prosecutor of the district, Frank Siriani, decides to settle in Villefranche to figure out the phenomenon. He meets with Major Laurène Weiss, the native and locally known “Sheriff” of the territory.
This single mother, loudmouth and strangely connected to the forest, solves criminal cases with the help of her unusual team. Each new crime makes Laurène sink deeper and deeper into secrets of the area, and encourages her to resolve the mystery that always obsessed her: her own kidnapping twenty years ago.
Amazon Prime Video will have global rights to Black Spot outside Denmark, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg. Starting 2018, the series will be exclusive to Amazon Prime Video subscribers in more than 200 countries and territories (except France and Switzerland, where rights are not exclusive) and dubbed in English, German, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese.
“With ‘Black Spot’ we offer audiences worldwide the chance to enjoy a truly great show from France. International productions like this enrich the programming of Amazon Prime Video, make it more diverse and exciting for audiences globally.”
– Christoph Schneider, Director of Content Acquisition-Europe, Amazon Video.
- Ghostbusters Ecto-1 Gets The Ultimate Release From Blitzway
- Marvel Legends Ghost Rider And Black Widow Cycles Coming Soon
- Mondo Release Of The Week: Freddy's Greatest Hits!
- The Weekly Static S01E18: Hogan, Hardwick, and Co-Opting Holidays - December 15, 2017
- The IT Crowd Creator Graham Linehan to Pen NBC Remake - December 15, 2017
- Jamie Harris and Outlander’s Andrew Gower Set for Carnival Row - December 15, 2017
- Netflix Doc Shorts Feature Author Ram Dass, Archer Deepika Kumari - December 15, 2017
- A.P. Bio Enrolling Early at NBC: Series Preview Set for February - December 14, 2017