Thanksgiving came to Wayne Manor on Saturday Night Live last night. In a sketch titled Wayne Thanksgiving, local residents of Gotham have some complaints about Batman’s “tough on crime” stance. It seems Batman is always breaking people’s jaws or causing property damage, sometimes for no reason, and often ends by hanging people from a gargoyle by their underwear, which doesn’t go over too well with the citizens of Gotham (played by Chance the Rapper, Leslie Jones, Keenan Thompson, and Chris Redd), who complain to Bruce Wayne (played by Beck Bennett).
Watch the sketch below:
Last night’s episode of SNL was hosted by Chance the Rapper with musical guest Eminem, who was joined by Skylar Grey for his new song Walk on Water and a medley of past hits.
While in Chance’s opening monologue, he tried to become the Mariah Carey of Thanksgiving:
Kate McKinnon killed it as always with her Jeff Sessions impersonation on Weekend Update:
And Keenan Thompson is always good as Steve Harvey, as Family Feud gets personal for the host:
The cold open saw McKinnon as Julian Assange meeting with Mikey Day and Alex Moffat’s Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. Somehow, Moffat’s Eric Trump continues to be funny despite reprising the same set of jokes every week.
The highlight of the night was Pete Davidson ripping Staten Island a new one on Weekend Update…
…while Kyle Mooney’s washed up comedian schtick was painfully awkward, though that seems to be its purpose.
Chance the Rapper played a NY Knicks reporter filling in at a hockey game with no clue what was going on.
Career Day, in which two kids (Chance and Day) become sexually excited by their dads’ (Thompson and Beck Bennett) mundane career day presentation, fell pretty flat:
While Porn Pizza starring Aidy Bryant, Heidi Gardner, and Chance the Rapper was loaded with some subtle innuendo.
Saturday Night Live will be taking a break for the holidays, and returns December 2, hosted by Saoirse Ronan with musical guest U2 (so get your fast forward button ready for the musical parts).
- Last Jedi Star Mark Hamill Disses Ted Cruz over Smarm-splaining Net Neutrality - December 17, 2017
- Will Rian Johnson’s Star Wars Trilogy Feature Luke Skywalker and Be Set in Modern-Day New York? [SPOILERS] - December 17, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi Earns $220 Million at Domestic Box Office - December 17, 2017
- On His 49th Birthday, Eisner Award-Winning Journalist and CxC Founder Wants Just One Thing: Money - December 16, 2017
- Is WWE Chairman Vince McMahon Planning to Reboot the XFL? - December 16, 2017