There have been a lot of changes on Supergirl when it comes to CatCo. Season 1 made the company the centerpiece for the series, with Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart), Kara (Melissa Benoist), Winn (Jeremy Jordan), and James (Mehcad Brooks) all working there. But with the second season, the focus shifted with Cat going off on her own, Winn moving to the DEO, and most of the stories taking place there as well. James moved up to run the company and become Guardian, but his role was somewhat diminished from Season 1 — and even the potential romantic connection between him and Kara was extinguished.
The second season also moved out Maxwell Lord (Peter Facinelli) and moved in Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath) in the eccentric millionaire role. But with Season 3 starting, they moved Lena from L Corp into CatCo as the new owner and put her working with James — which is an interesting dynamic, as he sees her as part of the Luthor family, and that’s a group he doesn’t trust. We’ve seen them butt heads already this season, and don’t expect that to change anytime soon, as McGrath tells TVLine:
“You’ve got this sort of antagonism between the two of us [because] we’re still not quite sure of what our professional roles are. And then layered in on top of that, obviously, is the added fun of our professional roles getting a little bit shady because of personal feelings. So I think as the season goes on, that is going to come more into the forefront.”
Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Ed Sheeran Has a James Bond Theme Song Ready, Just in Case - December 16, 2017
- Bob Givens, Designer of Bugs Bunny, Passes Away at Age 99 - December 16, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at the Trades/Collections Shipping from Dynamite in March 2018 - December 16, 2017
- Freedom Fighters: The Ray Season 1 – Where are Uncle Sam and the Human Bomb? - December 16, 2017
- Lee Bermejo Draws Joker in the DC Comics Art Academy - December 16, 2017