As part of the new season of The Flash, Iris West (Candice Patton) is playing a much bigger part of Team Flash having stepped up in Barry’s (Grant Gustin) absence. She continues to be around to lead the team even with his return, but that leads to one very important question: does Iris still have a job? She was working as a reporter at the Central City Picture News and was playing the intrepid reporter as her growing career… but we have yet to see her in the role since the season began.
You’d think the perfect person to ask that question would be Patton herself, which TVLine did… with surprising results:
“It’s a great question that I don’t think I even know how to answer. In my mind, I will always say, ‘Yes.’ I love Iris as a reporter. I will always hold out hope that we’ll see a future version of that on the show. That’s innately who I think that character is. I like to think that right now, she’s helping out Team Flash in a way that[‘s necessary] and, eventually, she’ll get back to reporting about all the stuff going on in Central City.”
I guess we’ll have to wait and see what future scripts say.
The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Ed Sheeran Has a James Bond Theme Song Ready, Just in Case - December 16, 2017
- Bob Givens, Designer of Bugs Bunny, Passes Away at Age 99 - December 16, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at the Trades/Collections Shipping from Dynamite in March 2018 - December 16, 2017
- Freedom Fighters: The Ray Season 1 – Where are Uncle Sam and the Human Bomb? - December 16, 2017
- Lee Bermejo Draws Joker in the DC Comics Art Academy - December 16, 2017