As part of the new season of The Flash, Iris West (Candice Patton) is playing a much bigger part of Team Flash having stepped up in Barry’s (Grant Gustin) absence. She continues to be around to lead the team even with his return, but that leads to one very important question: does Iris still have a job? She was working as a reporter at the Central City Picture News and was playing the intrepid reporter as her growing career… but we have yet to see her in the role since the season began.
You’d think the perfect person to ask that question would be Patton herself, which TVLine did… with surprising results:
“It’s a great question that I don’t think I even know how to answer. In my mind, I will always say, ‘Yes.’ I love Iris as a reporter. I will always hold out hope that we’ll see a future version of that on the show. That’s innately who I think that character is. I like to think that right now, she’s helping out Team Flash in a way that[‘s necessary] and, eventually, she’ll get back to reporting about all the stuff going on in Central City.”
I guess we’ll have to wait and see what future scripts say.
The Flash airs Tuesdays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Read Jim Butcher’s Dresden Files: Fool Moon #1, Part of Dynamite’s Latest Digital Bundle - March 22, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’s Rachel Bloom to Appear on iZombie - March 22, 2018
- Magicians Season 3, Episode 11: Messing Around with Time - March 22, 2018
- Supernatural Season 13: Things are Going to Get Rough for Sam - March 22, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5: Will We Learn Who Destroyed the World? - March 22, 2018