So, yes, I liked the Justice League movie. More than Batman v Superman, less than Wonder Woman, more than Thor: The Dark World, less than Ragnarok, more than X-Men: Apocalypse, less than X-Men: First Class… maybe on a par with Days of Future Past. There we go; that’s about the level. Just so you know where I am, going in.
Knowing that Geoff Johns had significant input into this movie, as DC President, Chief Creative Officer and with a roving movie brief, the moment in the Justice League movie when Superman talks about humanity “acting like the Doomsday Clock has a snooze button” does seem to stick out a little.
Especially when Justice League Day on Saturday has a free Justice League comic that he wrote, drawn by Jim Lee, being given away by comic stores, and filled with ads for Doomsday Clock.
And with Doomsday Clock coming out the Wednesday after the release of Justice League, it does seem like Johns has his ducks all lined up in a little row.
It wouldn’t be the first time — when the New 52 started, Johns and Lee put a T-shirt on a character in Justice League #3 with the words Panic Room — at the time, the internal DC code for the Before Watchmen project…
- Marvel Comics Liquidates the Retailer Liquidation List: Almost 1000 Titles Must Go - December 16, 2017
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017