Oscar nominated director Denis Villeneuve is no stranger to epic science fiction films with hardore idolity attached to them. Earlier this year the filmmaker released his fantastic flick, Blade Runner 2049, the sequel to the genre noir classic to much critical acclaim.
The next project he’s tackling? Why, a little literary classic series called “Dune” by Frank Herbert. Earlier this month, we alerted you to the news that the first draft of the script for the Dune reboot was completed. That news came via a pretty reliable source, Brian Herbert, son of Frank and continuator of the Dune novels.
There has been a lot of talk about what previously done version of “Dune” in film form this new presentation may follow, but we have it on pretty good authority it won’t be anything like director David Lynch‘s very ’80s (BUT STILL AWESOME) version.
In a recent interview with Yahoo via Facebook live, Denis said:
“David Lynch did an adaptation in the ’80s that has some very strong qualities. I mean, David Lynch is one of the best filmmakers alive, I have massive respect for him. But when I saw his adaptation, I was impressed, but it was not what I had dreamed of, so I’m trying to make the adaptation of my dreams.”
“It will not have any link with the David Lynch movie. I’m going back to the book, and going to the images that came out when I read it.”
You can watch the full Facebook live interview with Denis and Yahoo entertainment here:
- Gale Force Nine Nabs Tabletop Gaming Rights for 'Dune'
- 'Dune' Will Cover Approximately Half of First Novel, Brian Herbert Says
- Timothée Chalamet May Be the Kwisatz Haderach in New Dune Film
- Legendary Pictures Actively Scouting Locations for 'Dune'
- Denis Villeneuve Wants to Do at Least 2 Dune Movies
- Things We Learned From The 'Blade Runner: 2049' Special Features
- 2017 Film Countdown #1: From Arrival to Blade Runner 2049, The Dune Reboot Found its Director
- A Wrinkle In Time Drops New Poster, New Trailer Debuts This Sunday On ABC
- Justice Smith Will Star In The Pokemon Detective Pikachu Film
- Brian Herbert Says First Draft Of New Dune Screenplay Is Finished
- Director List For 'Bond 25' Getting Shorter, New Favorite Revealed
- Denis Villeneuve In Talks To Direct Cleopatra For Sony
- Castle Talk: Kevin J. Anderson Never Stops Writing; Back With 'Tales Of Dune' and 'Zomnibus'
- Milla Jovovich Posts ‘Monster Hunter’ Movie Update - October 14, 2018
- ‘Outlander’: Wanna Hear Caitriona Balfe’s Sam Heughan Impression? - October 14, 2018
- Daredevil’s Charlie Cox Wants More ‘The Defenders’ - October 14, 2018
- Lisa Henson Talks Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- Goodbye, Jon Snow: Kit Harington has Shaved his Beard Off - October 14, 2018