Terri Edda Miller and Andrew W. Marlow, co-creators of the Nathan Fillion-led and now-ended Castle series on ABC, have just landed themselves a straight-to-series order from ABC. This is series order is for a new procedural called Take Two. This is information is coming to us from Variety.
This series will star Rachel Bilson and Eddie Cibrian, the former of which is cop-series star named Ella who is coming out of rehab and researching a new role by shadowing the latter, who is appropriately named Eddie. The two stumble into solving a high-profile case, giving the former a career boost — with a catch. Her potential employers want both Ella and Eddie to work for them.
If this sounds oddly like Castle to you, you’re not the only one. This is being touted as another upbeat procedural, which would be an appropriate way to describe Castle as well. That’s not to diminish this series; it could still coalesce in a form that doesn’t feel like a second Castle sans the lovely Nathan Fillion.
Take Two is being co-produced by Tandem Productions, a subsidiary of Studiocanal, and ABC Studios. ABC will be bringing the series to the US, RTL/VOX in Germany, and French Television to France. Disney Media Distribution will take the lead on international sales of the series.
Terri Edda Miller and Andrew W. Marlow will executive producing it under their MilMar brand alongside Rola Bauer of Studiocanal TV and Tim Halkin of Tandem Productions.
If you are familiar with actors Rachel Bilson and Eddie Cibrian, the first was in Hart of Dixie, the O.C, and was one of Ted Mosby’s many girlfriends on How I Met Your Mother. The second was featured in Third Watch, Sunset Beach, and the Cave. An air date has not been announced for the series yet.
- Stretch Armstrong And The Flex Fighters Review: Different, But Fun And Promising
- My Little Pony: Equestria Girls Is Hitting YouTube Today
- Hal Jordan and the GL Corps #34 Review: Continues an Incredible Series - December 16, 2017
- Daredevil #596 Review: Battle for the Soul of New York City - December 16, 2017
- All-New Wolverine #28 Review: Breakneck Pacing but the Characters Save It - December 15, 2017
- X-Men: Blue #17 Review: The Return of X-Men 2099 - December 15, 2017
- Titans #18 Review: Duel of the Donnas - December 15, 2017