Spider-Man is getting a sweet new ArtFX statue from Kotobukiya. The statue will be in 1/6 scale, and features everyone’s favorite webslinger swinging through the rooftops of New York City. This one was sculpted by Kouei Matsumoto.
Marvel Universe Spider-Man ArtFX Statue
Spider-Man is on the move, web swinging through the city on his way to take down the latest menace! The webslinger is captured like never before as he whips around a skyscraper with a strand of webbing reaching out to his next anchor point. Peter Parker wears his traditional red and blue costume, recreated here with painstaking sculpted detail in the fabric’s texture and the superhero’s lean muscled physique. His swinging pose, pulling down on the web strand as his legs start to rise, is taken directly from the comics, and the flexibility and movement adds a unique element to this presentation. In addition, the Webslinger statue is a new hybrid form with the New York skyscraper base constructed using cold casting to highlight the texture of the stonework while Spider-Man himself is made from PVC to capture the hero’s movement and detail. Meanwhile, the stark colors of the column are the perfect counterpoint to Spider-Man’s brightly colored outfit, really making it pop visually!
I like how the web just kind of hangs straight in the air — it looks pretty funny. It is a great action pose, however, and I actually like how the web trails behind him. The building piece is sculpted well; it looks a little small, but that’s OK. Spidey is the main event here. Everything about this screams classic Spider-Man, and that is more than alright with me. The statue is comprised of a combination of PVS and ABS plastics.
You can preorder one of these if you are so inclined right now here for a March 2018 ship date.
- [Spoiler-Free] Justice League Review: Mediocre And Structurally Messy, But With Good Character Dynamics
- Hulu Announces Return Dates For The Handmaid's Tale, 3 Other Series
- Marvel Takes Avengers On A Cosmic Quest In 2-Part Infinity War Young Readers Novel By Brandon T. Snider
- Star Wars Galactic Nights Adds New Celebs And More For Winter Event
- Mondo Soundtrack Release Of The Week: Pixar's Ratatouille
- Legends Of Tomorrow Season 3: Helen Of Troy Could Bring About The End Of Hollywood
- New Darkest Hour Clip Features Gary Oldman And Ben Mendelsohn
- Exclusive Extended Dynamite Previews: James Bond, Army Of Darkness, And More
- Cinema Sins Finds Everything Wrong With Wonder Woman
- Outcast: Second Contact Has A Pretty Epic Launch Trailer
- Seattle Museum To Run Marvel-Themed Exhibit In 2018 With Soundtrack By Hans Zimmer
- Ted Adams Steps Down As IDW Publisher As Greg Goldstein Adds The Role - And Chris Ryall Becomes EIC Again
- Commence The Purge Episode 7: We Are Sliding Off the Rails Now - October 17, 2018
- Star Wars Resistance Adds Elijah Wood to Cast in Sunday’s “Fuel for the Fire” - October 17, 2018
- [Review] Halloween: Back to Basics, and All the Better For It - October 17, 2018
- The Jerk gets a Blu-ray Remastering From Shout Factory in December - October 17, 2018
- Iron Man Model 42 Armor Coming in November From One:12 Collective - October 17, 2018