Today Bungie held a special Destiny 2 livestream to discuss what we can expect to see in the game’s first expansion, Curse of Osiris, but in case you missed it, this is a list of everything we know about the expansion so far. We’ll be updating as Bungie releases information, so make sure to check back every now and again.
- The expansion will feature a Raid Lair which is a six-man raid that is shorter but “no less challenging” than your standard Raid encounter.
- Curse of Osiris‘ Raid Lair is titled Leviathan, Eater of Worlds. Like the existing Leviathan Raid, Eater of Worlds is also set on Calus’ planet-eating ship; however, the action takes place in the lower areas of the ship rather than all the way at the top.
- Eater of Worlds will feature new locations, encounters, puzzles, loot, and a tough boss to battle.
- It will have a prestige mode, and will also be compatible with Destiny 2’s Guided Games feature.
- The Power requirement for the Raid Lair will be 300, with The Leviathan’s Power requirement also boosted up to 300 from 270.
- Eater of Worlds will go live sometime after Curse of Osiris‘ launch on December 5.
- Bungie also confirmed that Destiny 2‘s second expansion will also feature a new Raid Lair when it launches sometime this coming spring.
- Players are sent on a hunt to find Osiris, “the notorious heretic and most powerful Warlock in the history of the Last City” in an effort to stop the Vex.
- It features a new area called the Infinite Forest which is not a location but a Vex projection.
- We’re getting a new social space – the Lighthouse
- The Heroic Strike Playlist Is Inbound
- There will be a new Crucible map Wormhaven for PlayStation players
- The level cap is increasing
- And we’ll be getting some new emotes as well