Following a record-shattering launch on PC and Steam this October, independent Canadian game developer and publisher Digital Extremes has finalized launch calculations for its expansive new Warframe addition, Plains of Eidolon, to land on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One today. The Plains of Eidolon expansion offers players a massive new landscape to explore, complete with a towering bosses to combat at night, new weapons, items and armor to upgrade and customize, a unique Warframe to play, as well as a new chapter in the game’s ever-expanding lore. Plains of Eidolon is free to play on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, which is always nice.
Plains of Eidolon is the first-of-its kind Landscape for Warframe. The Open Zone design offers kilometers of colorful rolling hills and pastures, lively lakes and rivers, active mines and caves, all during a continual diurnal/nocturnal cycle for Tenno to soak up and enjoy. As many as 50 players can converge on the makeshift basecamp of Cetus, where the race of the Ostrons offer missions and challenges, and new weapons, armor and items to craft and customize to a degree never before realized in Warframe.
During the relative safety of day, whether on foot or soaring through the air (using the revamped Sky Archwing), Tenno will clash with new and old Grineer, partake in mini-games such as spearfishing and mining, and partner up with as many as three others to explore the Plains. At night, danger surfaces from the waters and haunts the storied grounds. Only the bravest and best equipped teams will venture forth in their crash-course hunt for the massive Eidolon, a towering monstrosity lured to consciousness in search of something mysterious. Will players be prepared to defeat the biggest, toughest Warframe creature they have ever seen?
That’s just the beginning! Plains of Eidolon introduces an incredible array of fresh content. Starting with the new glass-themed Warframe, Gara, with new weapons to wield and fashionable Syandanas and Helmets to don, segueing to a newly reworked Focus System for Operators to use in conjunction with Warframes to battle Eidolon at night, or delving into the slew of additional content from the Mag Pneuma Collection, to new Mod sets, Achievements, stances, and more, players are in for a deep, content-rich experience.
Key Features Include:
- Landscapes: Plains of Eidolon is the first continual Warframe environment offering players an Open Zone in which to explore, fight, discover, spearfish, mine, collect and play
- Cetus: Mingle, browse, buy, craft, and take on challenges in the marketplace of Cetus
- Epic Eidolon Fights: Against these demanding towers of death, Tenno will need all of their skill, wit, and even the Luck of the Lotus if they expect to survive!
- New Warframe: The 34th Warframe, Gara, manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies with four Abilities and a variety of new weapons, items, and Customizations
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: With weapons like the Astilla, which shoots slugs that explode on impact, to the Volnus, a lightweight glass hammer that deals a large amount of damage, and Reinforcements like Argonak, the hooked blade Krohkur, and its twin, the Dual Krohkur, everyone’s Arsenal will be primed for battle
- Focus Rework: The Operator-Warrior Focus 2.0 changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling players to equip their Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor
- Mag Pneuma Collection: Tenno can harness the magnetic force around them with the new Mag Pneuma Collection, including the lavish Mag Pneuma Skin, Maruta Tonfa Skin, and the Vasa Syandana
- Comic Book Companion: Working with Top Cow Productions, Digital Extremes’ first Warframe comic tells a dire tale of war tied into Plains of Eidolon. Get it online here
The Plains of Eidolon Console Launch trailer is below.
- Warner Bros. Classics Get The Funko Mystery Mini Treatment
- Cards Against Humanity Wants To Stop Trump From Building His Wall
- Arc System Works Will be Patching Dragon Ball FighterZ’s Online Bugs - February 23, 2018
- More Details Emerge for the Western Release of Shining Resonance: Refrain - February 23, 2018
- Call of Duty: WWII’s Multiplayer Will Be Available for Free on PC This Weekend - February 23, 2018
- The Ghosts of Pharaohs Past Will Haunt You in Second AC: Origins DLC Expansion - February 23, 2018
- Metal Gear Survive’s Daily Challenge Missions Start Today - February 23, 2018