Konami dropped a little surprise on fans this week whoa re still playing Super Bomberman R with a bunch of new characters and a few new modes to try out. First off, the new mode is Grand Prix, where two teams of three characters duke it our in an esports environment to see who the better tactician is. The two primary match types are below, along with the additional characters that range from Dracula Bomber (Castlevania) to Bubble Head Bomber (Silent Hill), all of which can be purchased in the shop.
- “Crystal” Match – two teams compete to earn points by collecting crystals. Watch out for bombs! If you’re blown away you lose half of your crystals. The team with the most points at the end of the round wins.
- “Basic Bomber” Match — two teams compete against each other using standard Bomberman rules. Each team begins with a set number of lives. To win, take out your opponents to earn the most points before the time runs out.
- Castlevania Will Be Back On Netflix With Eight Episodes This Summer
- Konami Has "High Hopes For The Game's Industry" After A Strong First Quarter
- Super Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids & More From Nintendo At SDCC
- Finding A Weird Comfort As We Review The Joy-Con Gel Guards
- Yeah, That's Not Creepy! Next 'Super Bomberman R' DLC Includes Several Konami Nods