Mondo releases new vinyl special editions every single Wednesday. They are they ultimate edition of whatever they put out, featuring extensive liner notes, brand-new commissioned artwork, and always have a limited-edition size. The vinyl itself is usually colored or a photo disc, as well. Basically, it is like the Criterion Collection of movie soundtracks.
This week sees the release of Michael Giacchino‘s wonderful score for the Pixar film Ratatouille.
Mondo Ratatouille Vinyl Release
Mondo, in proud partnership with Walt Disney Records, is pleased to present the premiere vinyl release of Michael Giacchino’s score to Disney•Pixar’s RATATOUILLE.
RATATOUILLE was released in 2007 to overwhelming popular and critical acclaim and even garnered Giacchino his first Academy Award® nomination for Best Original Score. It further cemented Pixar’s legacy as a studio committed to the craft of effective and artistic storytelling and strengthened their reputation as a creative force fearless of emotional music to help guide their stories.
Remastered and pressed on 180 gram vinyl, featuring all new artwork by Nicole Gustafsson and liner notes by Brian Satterwhite.
I loved this film, and it remains my second favorite Pixar film (after Wall-E — let’s get a release of that one too, Mondo). The artwork on the album’s cover is gorgeous. It is a travesty that Giacchino did not win the Academy Award that year (he lost to Dario Marianelli for Atonement), although the film did win Best Animated Feature. He has also provided the scores for Pixar films The Incredibles, Inside Out, Up, and the upcoming Coco.
Here is an old DVD feature with him talking about how he scored the film:
As with all Mondo releases, this will go up for sale on Wednesday at Noon central time. The edition size for this one is limited to only 2,000 pieces. You can grab a copy here tomorrow.
- Rare Set To Release Three Classic Game Soundtracks On Vinyl
- Ghostbusters Ecto-1 From Playmobil Is A Must-Own
- Apple Fans Rejoice: A High-End Steve Jobs Figure Is On Its Way
- Spider-Man Swings Away In New Kotobukiya Statue
- Cinema Sins Finds Everything Wrong With Wonder Woman
- Seattle Museum To Run Marvel-Themed Exhibit In 2018 With Soundtrack By Hans Zimmer
- Ted Adams Steps Down As IDW Publisher As Greg Goldstein Adds The Role - And Chris Ryall Becomes EIC Again
- 7 Lord Of The Rings Shows We Want From Amazon Studios
- Sam Mendes Drops Out Of Disney's Live-Action Pinocchio
- Daisy Ridley Didn't Think She Was Good In The Force Awakens
- Halloween Sequel Details From Co-Writer Danny McBride
- Erica Schultz Talks About Wonder Woman As A Symbol Of Hope
- Kevin Bacon And Aldis Hodge Team Up For Showtime Drama City On A Hill
- Let’s Take an Early Look at the Marvel Legends Defenders Rail Authority SDCC Exclusive Set - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take an Early look at the Marvel Legends SDCC Exclusive Red Skull and Tesseract - July 14, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Mattel WWE Entrance Greats Bobby Roode Figure - July 14, 2018
- Bait Brings TMNT, Bruce Lee Funko Pops…and Wu-Tang Clan Transformers to SDCC - July 13, 2018
- Lets Take a Look at Some Scooby-Doo ‘Doo Good’ Merch From BoxLunch - July 13, 2018