There is something very odd going on in Star Wars fandom right now. For some reason, a lot of people have become obsessed with this idea that the villains established in the first movie aren’t the villains and keep coming up with reasons as to why the marketing is hinting at Rey (Daisy Ridley) or Luke (Mark Hamill) going dark. It looks like USA Today has added more fuel to fan that flame as they revealed the new IMAX poster.
The idea is that since Rey is wearing red, it means she’s going dark or something along those lines. However, it’s just the same shot as her character poster that was released months ago…
…in a group of character posters where everyone is in red. Perhaps the series will go some weird direction with our characters, but all of this speculation is based on where characters are placed in the posters, which isn’t exactly evidence. This poster at least has Rose Tico (Kelly Marie Tran), but is sorely lacking in porgs.
Nice-looking poster, though.
Summary: Having taken her first steps into a larger world in Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015), Rey continues her epic journey with Finn, Poe and Luke Skywalker in the next chapter of the saga, Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi, directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Mark Hamill, Oscar Isaac, Carrie Fisher, and Adam Driver. It will be released on December 15th.
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Producer Brad Lewis Talks Wrapping the Trilogy at NYCC - October 14, 2018
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Jay Baruchel Talks Letting Hiccup Go at NYCC - October 14, 2018