It’s been an interesting weekend for DC and Warner Bros. There has been a lot of not-great stuff leaking, as well as some rumors that didn’t have a lot of weight behind them. What we do know is that Wonder Woman 2 is changing — according to Deadline, Wonder Woman 2 is getting a new release date. The sequel was supposed to open on December 13th, 2019, but it has been moved up six weeks to November 1st, 2019. DC already had the date claimed, so perhaps they’ll be moving another project into the December 13th spot.
Deadline also comments on the rumors that began this weekend. PageSix reported that Gal Gadot was going to refuse to do Wonder Woman 2 if Warner Bros. didn’t sever their ties with Brett Ratner.
And to just clarify: There was some noise over the weekend on the internet that Gadot wouldn’t sign for the sequel unless Brett Ratner’s name was removed from the franchise. We hear this is false. First of all, Gadot is locked in to star in Wonder Woman 2 and there haven’t been any sour talks between the actress and Warner Bros.’ upper brass.
Deadline goes on to say that Ratner was never directly involved with Wonder Woman, just his company RatPac Dune, and Warner Bros.’s contract with RatPac ends with April’s Rampage. Ratner never got a producers credit or anything of the sort for Wonder Woman. At the moment, RatPac isn’t even committed to financing Wonder Woman 2 even on a passive level. So the rumors are likely just that: rumors.
- [Sundance 2018] American Animals Review: A Heist Movie with a Harsh Dose of Reality - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Beast Review: A Better Short Than a Full Movie - January 21, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] The Guilty Review: A Game of Telephone That Doesn’t Quite Connect - January 19, 2018
- [Sundance 2018] Our New President Review: A Terrifying Montage of Russian Propaganda - January 19, 2018
- It’s Jaeger vs. Jaeger in New Pacific Rim Uprising Images - January 18, 2018