It’s been an interesting weekend for DC and Warner Bros. There has been a lot of not-great stuff leaking, as well as some rumors that didn’t have a lot of weight behind them. What we do know is that Wonder Woman 2 is changing — according to Deadline, Wonder Woman 2 is getting a new release date. The sequel was supposed to open on December 13th, 2019, but it has been moved up six weeks to November 1st, 2019. DC already had the date claimed, so perhaps they’ll be moving another project into the December 13th spot.
Deadline also comments on the rumors that began this weekend. PageSix reported that Gal Gadot was going to refuse to do Wonder Woman 2 if Warner Bros. didn’t sever their ties with Brett Ratner.
And to just clarify: There was some noise over the weekend on the internet that Gadot wouldn’t sign for the sequel unless Brett Ratner’s name was removed from the franchise. We hear this is false. First of all, Gadot is locked in to star in Wonder Woman 2 and there haven’t been any sour talks between the actress and Warner Bros.’ upper brass.
Deadline goes on to say that Ratner was never directly involved with Wonder Woman, just his company RatPac Dune, and Warner Bros.’s contract with RatPac ends with April’s Rampage. Ratner never got a producers credit or anything of the sort for Wonder Woman. At the moment, RatPac isn’t even committed to financing Wonder Woman 2 even on a passive level. So the rumors are likely just that: rumors.
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi TV Spot Shows Off Some New Footage - November 19, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Ray Fisher Talks A Deleted Scene With Victor Stone’s Mother - November 18, 2017
- [SPOILERS] Justice League – Jason Momoa Talks Vulko And Deleted Scenes - November 18, 2017
- Wonder Review: Tugs At The Heartstrings, But Isn’t Obnoxious About It - November 17, 2017
- Lady Bird Review: A Flawless Coming-Of-Age Story - November 17, 2017