Earlier today, X-Men editor Mark Paniccia promised to reveal most of the roster of the new X-Men Red series slowly throughout the day, a trickle of life-sustaining clickbait article material for comic book websites to get them through a case of the Mondays. The third ongoing core X-Men team book was revealed last Thursday, to be written by Tom Taylor with art by Mahmud Asrar and covers by Travis Charest. In the series, Jean Grey leads a new team of X-Men in a story that will feature “new uniforms, a new team headquarters, and exciting new characters,” as well as “dynamic hero moments, great character interactions, and a surprise villain at the end.”
In response, Bleeding Cool promised to publish multiple clickbait articles following Marvel’s reveals. Well, we have the first of these reveals, coming from Marvel’s very own Twitter account! You may want to sit down for this one, because the very first member of the team of X-Men led by Jean Grey is… Jean Grey!
We’re familiar with the format. Blacked-out characters are slowly revealed throughout the day, preferably in EXCLUSIVE articles on the websites of various Marvel media partners, which are then repeated by every other comic book website in existence. The result, hopefully, is that X-Men Red dominates the 24-hour comics news cycle.
We’ll be following closely, waiting for the characters to be revealed, but in the meantime, you can post your speculation in the comments below. Is that Nightcrawler’s hand we see? All-New Wolverine’s claws? Bleeding Cool’s Joe Glass is certain he sees Northstar’s ears! What else can be figured out from this image? Your guess is as good as ours (unless your guess is really on point, in which case it might be better and warrant its own clickbait article).
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018