Sledgehammer Games released a new blog entry over the weekend, detailing a new set of patches for Call Of Duty: WWII that are set to fix several issues that players have been dealing with for weeks. Below are the main talking points, but you can check out the entire post here as they hope to fix the connectivity issues and having more dedicated servers to deal with a number of players.
Online Connectivity – While our previous Game Update which released early Friday solved several critical needs, unfortunately it also had an adverse effect on server performance. As a result, we moved to P2P (listen) servers. Overall, the game is stable, however we know that P2P brings things like Host Migrations and other issues that make for inconsistent gameplay experiences. Our objective to return to dedicated servers is our highest priority.
Dedicated Servers – This weekend we rolled out various test solutions in limited markets in order to fully analyze real-world conditions without risking disruption. This level of data and diagnostics is helping us work toward a permanent solution as quickly as possible. We’ve begun to test dedicated servers today in the US. We’ll watch this test closely, and once we analyze the results we’ll look to expand.
Game Disconnects From Server – After much testing, our engineering teams identified the root cause of this issue, which can also result in lost stats and post match lobby freezes. Later tonight, we plan to deploy a patch across both consoles worldwide. We’ll monitor the results, and keep everyone updated.
Headquarters – As we focus on the return to dedicated servers as our highest priority, we will continue to utilize a solo-HQ experience. Players can still invite friends, which we encourage everyone to try. But we get it, HQ is best enjoyed with a thriving, fully populated social community interacting together. So hang in there while we address the most pressing concerns first.
- Sledgehammer Games Wanted To Give Us COD: Advanced Warfare 2 Instead of COD: WWII
- A Complete List Of Games Getting Enhancements For Xbox One X
- Call Of Duty: WWII Wants You To Watch Other People Open Loot Boxes Because Of Course It Does
- Activision Blizzard's Third Quarter Delivered Record Results Thanks To Destiny 2 And Hearthstone
- Activision Still Having Server Issues With 'Call Of Duty: WWII'
- CD Projekt Red Confirms They’re Not Working on Another Witcher Game - March 24, 2018
- Layton Mystery Detective Agency Gets a Second Trailer with Mysteries - March 24, 2018
- Sony Releases an Extended Trailer for Earthlock - March 24, 2018
- Bandai Namco will Release God Eater 3 on Steam and PS4 - March 24, 2018
- Dying Light: Bad Blood Adds a Twist to Battle Royale Matches - March 24, 2018