Following comments Sunday by Supergirl star Melissa Benoist, Arrow star Emily Bett Rickards has also weighed in on the suspension of Arrowverse executive producer Andrew Kreisberg for sexual assault allegations. The news of Kreisberg’s suspension broke this weekend, with 19 claims against him. DC Comics editor Eddie Berganza was also suspended and then reportedly fired for sexual harassment allegations over the weekend. These are the latest in a tidal wave of sexual harassment and assault allegations against powerful men in the entertainment industry and politics. In many cases, allegations have been “open secrets” in their respective industries, with people afraid to speak up about them for fear of damaging their careers.
“To the men who committed harassment, who perpetuated rape culture, who turn a ‘blind eye,’ and complain about ‘revers sexism’: you are weak and complicit,” Rickards said on Twitter. “To the women who found the strength to speak up. To the women who supported one another and to the women finding their voice: You can. You are Heroines.”
— Emily Bett Rickards (@EmilyBett) November 13, 2017
- Dieselfunk Dispatch: An Overview of Comics Distribution Channels - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – Building the Wall in Astonishing X-Men #9 - March 18, 2018
- X-Men: Bland Design – New Mutants: Dead Souls Isn’t Your Average Movie Cash-In - March 18, 2018
- Ahead of Ultimate Deletion, Matt Hardy Seeks Advice from Giraffe to Defeat Bray Wyatt - March 17, 2018
- Nikki Bella vs Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania 35? One Superstar Likes the Idea (and It’s Nikki Bella) - March 17, 2018