Following comments Sunday by Supergirl star Melissa Benoist, Arrow star Emily Bett Rickards has also weighed in on the suspension of Arrowverse executive producer Andrew Kreisberg for sexual assault allegations. The news of Kreisberg’s suspension broke this weekend, with 19 claims against him. DC Comics editor Eddie Berganza was also suspended and then reportedly fired for sexual harassment allegations over the weekend. These are the latest in a tidal wave of sexual harassment and assault allegations against powerful men in the entertainment industry and politics. In many cases, allegations have been “open secrets” in their respective industries, with people afraid to speak up about them for fear of damaging their careers.
“To the men who committed harassment, who perpetuated rape culture, who turn a ‘blind eye,’ and complain about ‘revers sexism’: you are weak and complicit,” Rickards said on Twitter. “To the women who found the strength to speak up. To the women who supported one another and to the women finding their voice: You can. You are Heroines.”
— Emily Bett Rickards (@EmilyBett) November 13, 2017
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018