With Ben Affleck‘s longtime on-again off-again on-again off-again on-again off-again on-again off-again on-again relationship with playing Batman in the DC cinematic universe, many DCEU fans are understandably confused and exhausted with trying to figure out whether Affleck will continue to be the Batfleck in the next Batflick following Justice League. Well, it turns out that Affleck feels the same way!
In a recent video interview with Extra, Affleck was asked by host Mark Wright about his future Bat status:
Wright: How many times have you played Batman now? Three?
Affleck (looking tired): Well, if you count Suicide Squad, it’s three, yeah. (exhales heavily)
Wright: You think that’s gonna be a five-timer at least?
Affleck: (inhales deeply) I don’t know about that. (sighs heavily) We’ll see what the future holds.
The saga of Affleck quitting The Batman has been going on for over a year now, with Affleck slowly distancing himself from the role by first quitting his role as director of the film, then his role as writer. However, despite multiple reports over the past several months that Affleck wants out of the DCEU and will not star in the new film, Affleck seemed to set rumors to rest when he said himself at Comic-Con that he was sticking around as Batman, only to have his brother contradict him in a radio interview a month later, after which he swore again that he really is going to star in the film. Then a new report in September claimed Warner Bros. was looking to replace him again.
Watch the video interview below.
- Marvel Comics Presents: The Time Namor Got Political About Pollution in 1989 - October 21, 2018
- Uncanny X-Men: Everything We Know About the Relaunch So Far [X-ual Healing 10-17-18] - October 21, 2018
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018