Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, who is working with Hideo Kojima on Death Stranding, recently spoke to IGN about Kojima Productions’ upcoming title, specifically the fact that he expects to see actual gameplay “in the not too distant future.” Which is awesome, for del Toro. For the rest of us, it’s going to be a while until we see anything. Still, it is good to hear that the game seems to be chugging along steadily in development since the project basically sounds like the kind of thing destined to live in Development Hell forever.
“It’s been great as a friendship, and it’s been great as a learning experience. In Death Stranding I’m just a puppet. I don’t know what he’s gonna make me do. He’s supposedly going to show me the gameplay at some point in the next couple of weeks.”
Prior to working on Death Stranding, del Toro was involved in the development of P.T., the playable teaser for the game that would have been Silent Hills had Kojima not left Konami. “My most rewarding experience was to know him and help him realize P.T., which never happened on Silent Hills,” he said.
The filmmaker also worked on a game at THQ called Insane, which was another one of del Toro’s projects that never saw the light of day. Del Toro called it “a very good learning experience,” and said it “was really defining for me.”
Del Toro believes they were “a little ahead of the curve” with Insane. “I’ve seen some of our concepts crop out in other games. And I don’t know if that’s an accident, or if it’s a coincidence, or what it is. But it’s very nice to see that what we were going to try was doable,” he said.
While I’m glad del Toro seems to believe he’ll be getting a look at Death Stranding pretty soon, bridging his games history with Kojima’s makes for a rather doubtful picture.
- Gazillion Entertainment Is Shutting Marvel Heroes Down This Friday Instead Of The End Of December As Promised - November 22, 2017
- EA Is In Trouble Again: This Time Over FIFA As Fans Start A Boycott - November 22, 2017
- Sign-up For The Sea of Thieves Technical Alpha Is Closing Next Week - November 22, 2017
- You Can Now Hire Professionals To Play Call Of Duty For You - November 22, 2017
- Pokémon Go Has New Rules For The Mewtwo Ex Raids - November 22, 2017