Laurie Metcalf, who already plays the mother of super-genius Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory, has been cast in a similar fashion on Supergirl. Metcalf has landed a guest spot on the CW series as the estranged mother of Winn Schott (Jeremy Jordan), according to TVLine. This family reunion will take place in the 15th episode of the season, which will pop up sometime in 2018.
Winn has definitely not won the parent lottery. We learned in the first season that his father, Winslow Schott Sr. (Henry Czerny), is the criminal/killer known as the Toyman. News of Metcalf’s casting was mentioned in a Vanity Fair feature, where the actress said she was interested in the role so that her youngest child could meet her idol, Melissa Benoist.
Metcalf is probably best known for her nine seasons playing Jackie Harris on the sitcom, Roseanne. She won three Emmy Awards for the role and will be returning to the character in 2018.
Jordan’s character has gone through a lot of changes over the three seasons. Originally, he was the computer tech guy at CatCo where he was in love with Kara Danvers and was the first person she admitted she was Supergirl to — he even helped her make her costume. In Season 2, when the series moved from CBS to the CW and the focus moved from CatCo to the DEO, Winn became an agent of the DEO after having aided them multiple times in the first season. He also began dating an alien named Lyra Strayd (Tamzin Merchant) who was using him at first, but genuinely fell in love with him. Lyra has yet to appear in Season 3.
Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Read Sheena #1 Free from Dynamite’s 2017 Blockbuster Holiday Bundle - December 14, 2017
- DC in DC: MLK Weekend Filled with DC Superheroes and Premieres - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive Look Inside Elfquest: The Final Quest #23 - December 14, 2017
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1: Looking at the Blu-Ray Release - December 14, 2017
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping March 2018 - December 14, 2017