Feral Interactive today announced that the ROME: Total War Collection, a bundle containing the acclaimed historical strategy game Rome: Total War and its expansions Barbarian Invasion and Alexander, is out now on iPad. Originally developed by Creative Assembly for Windows PC and brought to iOS by Feral Interactive, this release marks the first anniversary of Rome: Total War’s iPad debut.
The Rome: Total War Collection brings epic tactics and massive battles to iPad with three exhilarating games in one purchase:
- Rome: Total War invites players to build and rule the ancient world’s greatest empire by fighting spectacular real-time battles in huge turn-based campaigns.
- Barbarian Invasion brings the action into the final years of Rome. Players will take up arms to defend the Empire, or lead the forces trying to bring it down.
- Alexander is the ultimate test for seasoned commanders. Players will lead the Macedonian faction as Alexander the Great and embark upon a daring conquest of the all-powerful Persian Empire.
All three games include a host of features tailored to mobile gaming, including intuitive touch-controls and mid-battle autosaves, as well as high-resolution visuals optimised for the Retina screen of the iPad.
“From the epic scope of Rome: Total War to the tumultuous setting of Barbarian Invasion and the tactical challenges of Alexander, these games offer three distinct experiences,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive. “We’re delighted to now offer them all together in one superb bundle.”
The Rome: Total War Collection is available now from the App Store for $16.99/£16.99/€18.99. Players who already own part of the bundle may complete it by paying the difference between the bundle price and what they have already paid.
A minisite dedicated to Rome: Total War on iOS and its expansions is available now to give you some more information on the iOS port.
The ROME: Total War Collection requires a first generation iPad Air or newer, an iPad Mini 2 or newer, or any iPad Pro. It required just under 4GB of free space to install, and iOS 10.2.0 or newer. So even if your iPad is about 5 years old, it should still run Rome: Total War with ease.
The full list of supported iPads is below:
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad (5th Generation)
- iPad Pro (1st Generation: 9.7″, 10.5″, 12.9″)
- iPad Pro (2nd Generation: 12.9″)