Marvel’s Runaways is the Marvel TV show that seems to be creeping up on us. There hasn’t been a lot of buzz about it one way or another, and it felt like we didn’t get a trailer until late in the game. The season starts soon, though, so it’s time for a new piece of promo art. Entertainment Weekly shared the new piece of art that shows the main cast teasin their various powers.
Nico (Lyrica Okano) has control of the magical Staff of One, Molly’s (Allegra Acosta) glowing eyes are a nod to her super strength, Chase (Gregg Sulkin) is wearing the famed Fistigons, Karolina’s (Virginia Gardner) glowing bracelet is actually tempering her power, while Gert’s (Ariela Barer) power involves telepathically controlling her genetically engineered velociraptor Old Lace, whose tail makes a cameo. And Alex (Rhenzy Feliz)? Well, the child prodigy is the brains of the group — though comic book fans may suspect more, but that’s a story for another time.
The first episode of Runaways sets up an interesting little show and a new angle to the Marvel Universe we haven’t really explored yet.
Summary: After discovering their parents are super-villains in disguise, a group of teenagers band together to run away from their homes in order to atone for their parents’ actions and to discover the secrets of their origins.
Marvel’s Runaways, created by Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz, stars Gregg Sulkin, Ariela Barer, Lyrica Okano, Allegra Acosta, Virginia Gardner, and Rhenzy Feliz. It will stream to Hulu starting November 21st.
- Jude Law: There’s a Dash of Anarchy and a Sense of Mystery in Young Dumbledore - July 17, 2018
- First Look at Young Billy Batson in Shazam! - July 17, 2018
- First Trailer for Amusement Park-Set Horror Movie ‘Hell Fest’ is Here - July 17, 2018
- The Predator: Shane Black Talks Designing the Ultimate Predator - July 17, 2018
- Numan Acar Joins the Cast of Spider-Man: Far From Home - July 17, 2018