The fate of the Marvel/Netflix series are still up in the air but we know that more of them are happening. The Punisher comes out next week while the second seasons of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage have both wrapped production. Daredevil season three has been in the works for awhile and it looks like it’s set to begin production any day now.
Iron Fist is, at the moment, the black sheep of the Marvel/Netflix series. While it wasn’t as bad as some people made it out to be by the high standards set by other series it fell very short. There were rumors it wouldn’t even get a second season but during The Defenders panel at Comic-Con International this summer it was revealed that the show would be returning under a new showrunner. Now it looks like we might have a start date on the production.
According SpoilerTV Iron Fist season two will begin filming next month with Daredevil season three starting this month. There is a chance that Marvel will try to rush this through and get the series done and out before the end of next year since that’s when their deal is up with Netflix. However, “rushing” was the thing that kneecapped the first series so would Marvel do it again? Maybe, we’ll have to see, the fate of the Marvel/Netflix series’ is still up in the air. We can get a decent idea of when all of these series will hit by looking at when their productions have started and if Marvel is keeping to the “three series a year” model.
That’s all based on speculation though. Perhaps Marvel will make sure all four of the currently in production Marvel/Netflix shows are done before the end of next year. When we get a release date for Jessica Jones and Luke Cage could provide a peak behind the curtain.
- The Man Who Invented Christmas Review: Charles Dickens Lost In Creative Madness - November 21, 2017
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi – Will We See Luke And Leia Reunite? - November 21, 2017
- New TV Spot For Star Wars: The Last Jedi Shows Luke Training Rey - November 21, 2017
- Lando Calrissian Will Not Appear In Star Wars: The Last Jedi - November 21, 2017
- Paul Feig Regrets That Ghostbusters Turned Into A Cause - November 21, 2017