We mentioned the other day that Batman Chronicles #21 from 17 years ago was Brian Michael Bendis‘s only previous credit for DC Comics, for a short story with Michael Lark called Citizen Wayne, retelling the Citizen Kane story with the Waynes in the pulp fashion. At the time, it was selling copies from between 99 cents and $3, and we suggested that it might possibly be a collector’s item-in-waiting. We also pointed out that after not having a sale of the issue for weeks, seven had already been snapped up that very day.
Well, since then, 19 copies have been sold, wiping out anything close to cover price copies. And the price asked and sold for has risen to first $5, then $10, then $15 and now $30 — or just about.
One retailer told me they had six copies in their dollar box. They don’t anymore…
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018