We mentioned the other day that Batman Chronicles #21 from 17 years ago was Brian Michael Bendis‘s only previous credit for DC Comics, for a short story with Michael Lark called Citizen Wayne, retelling the Citizen Kane story with the Waynes in the pulp fashion. At the time, it was selling copies from between 99 cents and $3, and we suggested that it might possibly be a collector’s item-in-waiting. We also pointed out that after not having a sale of the issue for weeks, seven had already been snapped up that very day.
Well, since then, 19 copies have been sold, wiping out anything close to cover price copies. And the price asked and sold for has risen to first $5, then $10, then $15 and now $30 — or just about.
One retailer told me they had six copies in their dollar box. They don’t anymore…
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018