We mentioned the other day that Batman Chronicles #21 from 17 years ago was Brian Michael Bendis‘s only previous credit for DC Comics, for a short story with Michael Lark called Citizen Wayne, retelling the Citizen Kane story with the Waynes in the pulp fashion. At the time, it was selling copies from between 99 cents and $3, and we suggested that it might possibly be a collector’s item-in-waiting. We also pointed out that after not having a sale of the issue for weeks, seven had already been snapped up that very day.
Well, since then, 19 copies have been sold, wiping out anything close to cover price copies. And the price asked and sold for has risen to first $5, then $10, then $15 and now $30 — or just about.
One retailer told me they had six copies in their dollar box. They don’t anymore…
- Rebellion to Publish Comics Based On Their Sniper Elite Games in August - May 24, 2018
- 2000AD Publisher Relaunches Classic British Comics as the Rebellion-Verse - May 24, 2018
- Michael Uslan Brings Back Dinosaucers in Lion Forge’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018
- Dave Sim Creates Nick Calm, Agent of C.O.D.P.I.E.C.E. - May 24, 2018
- Alex Paknadel and Martin Simmonds Launch Friendo in Vault’s August 2018 Solicits - May 24, 2018