Several reports are now hitting forums like NEOGaf, Reddit, and ResetEra where Xbox One X owners are now saying their newly bought systems are dying within hours of purchase. The most common story that we can find online is that after a few hours of running, the system will just shut itself down, then when you repower it, the system is simply dead and refuses to even go to the Xbox logo. From what we can gather, the issue is not widespread and seems to only be affecting regular versions, as owners of the special Scorpion edition are playing their games fine without any issues (so far).
These occurrences are reminiscent of the Xbox 360’s initial launch where certain games would cause the system to crash and enter the Red Ring of Death. At that time, there was no solution to fixing the problem on your own and you were forced to box up your system and mail it directly to Microsoft to either have it repaired or have a new one sent in its place. The next few days will be telling to see if these were just randomly defective units or if Microsoft has a bigger problem on its hands.
- Xbox One X Sees A Series Of Launch Trailers
- 'Final Fantasy XV' "Comrades" DLC Due Out Next Week
- Ubisoft Lays Down The Latest Patch Update For 'Assassins Creed: Origins'
- Activision Won't Reveal Xbox One X Plans For 'Destiny 2'
- A Complete List Of Games Getting Enhancements For Xbox One X
- Bandai Namco Unveil Kane’s First Jump Force Pics - October 22, 2018
- The Classic Tetris World Championship Has a New King - October 22, 2018
- MediEvil is Supposed to Get An Update Sometime in the Next Few Weeks - October 21, 2018
- Tekken 7: Fated Retribution – Round 2 Will Hit Japan in February - October 21, 2018
- Ubisoft Shutting Down Online Services for a Few Old Titles - October 21, 2018