Apparently, Bluehole and Epic Games are going to be engaging in an “anything you can do I can do better” type of feud over battle royale success. After Epic Games made their announcement about Fortnite reaching 20 million players, Bluehole fired back with an announcement of their own on Twitter declaring that PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds had sold 20 million copies.
.@PUBATTLEGROUNDS reached an amazing milestone this weekend, passing 20 million copies sold!
I know a lot of you are frustrated by issues w/ the game but the team is working hard to deliver a truly great Battle Royale expierence for everyone. Bear with us, change is coming!
— PLAYERUNKNOWN (@PLAYERUNKNOWN) November 7, 2017
Considering the two companies are essentially having a pissing match that may turn into a legal endeavor later on, it’s worth noting that PUBG is essentially bragging about an achievement that already happened a while ago while Fortnite was marking the milestone as it took place. Where this ends up going down the road is anyone’s guess, but we’d love to see H1Z1 get into the mix and brag about their own stats just to throw some lighter fluid onto this barrel fire. Be honest, there’s a part of you that wants to see it, too.
- Epic Games Give Out Details To Fortnite's 1.91 Update
- Epic Games Is Suing A 14-Year-Old Cheater & Mom Is Pissed
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Getting Modified For China
- Check Out The Latest Pictures Of PUBG's Desert Level
- Cheaters Beware: PUBG Is Now Actively Hunting You Down
- PUBG's Test Servers Have Been Delayed Due To An 'Unexpected Issue'
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Confirmed For Xbox One In December
- Climbing & Vaulting Abilities Are On The Way For 'PUBG'
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Will Not Have A Campaign Mode
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ Latest Update Includes a Rainbow Six Siege Crossover - July 20, 2018
- EA Sports Releases New “Physical” Trailer for NHL 19 - July 20, 2018
- Deep Silver Reveals Release Date and Details for Pathfinder: Kingmaker - July 20, 2018
- Epic Games Issues New Challenges for Fortnite’s One-Year Anniversary - July 20, 2018
- Stardew Valley Will Finally Get Multiplayer on PC in August - July 20, 2018