What sounded like a very promising program has now turned many PlayStations fans bitter, but in a predictable kind of way. Over the weekend we told you about Sony’s new rewards program that allows you to cash in trophies you have earned in for points, which can go toward purchasing new titles and DLC in their shop. In essence, all your hard work over the years would finally pay off as you could cash in all those trophies for something tangible that you could enjoy. So what was the catch? It only works for trophies you earn after the program started, and that only users in the United States are eligible for the program.
Honestly, that doesn’t come as much of a shock when you say it aloud. But it does kind of kill the dreams of many hardcore players who have probably logged thousands of hours on their consoles and have enough in their account to basically buy a new library of games. Fans took their disdain over it to Reddit and other forums where they signed up only to learn the details after logging in. Nevermind not allowing the backlog of earned trophies, the fact that it was regulated to one country has got to be making others hot. Will Sony learn from this and put in a quick fix, or is this how it is regardless? We’ll find out in the weeks to come.
- Citadel: Forged With Fire's New Update Delivers Better Base Building
- Planet Of The Apes: Last Frontier Has A PS4 Release Date
- Sony Now Allows You To Earn PSN Credit With Trophies
- Stranger Things The VR Experience Is Coming To The PSVR
- Activision Claims Destiny 2 Is The Biggest Selling Game Of The Year, So Far
- World of Tanks Blitz Teams With Mad Max Artist for Halloween Event - October 17, 2018
- Paizo Officially Releases a New Starfinder Guide with Alien Archive 2 - October 17, 2018
- Gun Media Discusses the Future of Friday The 13th: The Game - October 16, 2018
- Bridge Constructor Portal Adds a Level Editor in Latest Update - October 16, 2018
- Black Desert Online Receives Two Event Bosses for Halloween - October 16, 2018