Supergirl continues to build up the Legion of Super-Heroes as word from TVLine is that Jesse Rath (Defiance) has been cast as Brainiac 5. The character is the 31st Century version of the Superman villain, but he is half computer and half organic life. He and other members of the Legion of Super-Heroes will travel to National City 2017/2018 to help Supergirl take on Reign and the Worldkillers. Reign of course is the big bad for the season and is true identity of Samantha Arias (Odette Annable) the new head of L.Corp.
There might be a potential love connection here as well as Supergirl and Brainiac 5 have been more than just friends in the comics. Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg said:
Someone down the road will like Kara a lot, which will be a lot of fun.
Rath will debut in episode 10, titled Leigion of Super-Heroes. Amy Jackson has also been cast to play Saturn Girl. This may also tie in with Mon-El (Chris Wood) who is a member of the Legion in the comics too.
Rath, who played Alak Tarr on Defiance, has also appeared on No Tomorrow, Being Human and 18 to Life. He is also a known as a comic book fan and is co-creator of the webseries Fans.
Supergirl airs Mondays at 8 PM on the CW.
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 5 Recap: All Souled Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 4 Recap: I Get Physical - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 3 Recap: Wig Out - June 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 2 Recap: Straighten It Out - June 22, 2018
- How Much Was the Destruction in Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1? - June 22, 2018