Ilene Chaiken, executive producer and showrunner on the Fox series Empire, is developing two one-hour dramas for the network. One has a put pilot order while the other has a script order with a significant penalty, according to Variety.
Mrs. Otis Regrets is the series with the put pilot order. It follows FBI Special Agent Clementine Otis, who is investigating a case of domestic terrorism when her affair with a prominent government official becomes public, shattering her life and career — while her lover is only mildly set back by the exposure. She is publicly ridiculed, loses her job and possibly her family… and keeps her away from the one person that can stop the upcoming terrorist attack. This script is being written by Melissa Scrivner Lore.
The second project, the one with the script order, is a medical drama called Triage and is based on material by David Cornue. The series follows two women, Rose and Celia, in three distinct parts of their lives… as surgery interns at Standford in 2008, then 10 years later in 2018 and again in 2028 as their careers continue to grow. It shows the challenges they face in each decade, both professionally and personally — and it’s all connected by their unwavering friendship. This script will be written by Chaiken, and Cornue will be a consulting producer.
Chaiken also co-created the Showtime series The L Word and is an executive producer on Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale.
- The 100 Season 5: The Serpent Trailer Talks About What They’ve Been Through - March 21, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1, Episode 9 Recap: The Book of Little Black Lies - March 21, 2018
- More Arrowverse Connections in Black Lightning - March 21, 2018
- Exclusive Extended Previews For Pathfinder: Spiral Bones #1 and Vampirella #11 - March 20, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Marc Andreyko on Legenderry Red Sonja #2 - March 20, 2018