Welcome to Bleeding Cool’s weekly recap of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8, charging on from a powerful season opener into Episode 2, ‘The Damned.’
Let me just say this: executive producers Scott M. Gimple (also showrunner) and Greg Nicotero weren’t lying when they said viewers were going to have to brace themselves for nonstop action and tension beginning with this episode. There is a lot to cover in this week’s recap because a ton of stuff happened; including a ghost from Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln) past in the form of a now-Savior Morales (Juan Pareja), from the beginning of the series.
So my overview/recap of the episode is waiting patiently for your eyeballs below, along with some ‘Spare Parts’ that I picked up along the way that I thought you might find interesting. You can also check out the transcript of my live-blog of the episode here or by clicking the link after the video.
But one quick thing before we get our recap under way…
Just to be clear, this is not a “formal review” — more of a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on the spoiler warnings.
You can take a look back at last Sunday’s live blog of ‘The Damned’ by clicking here.
Here’s a look at The Walking Dead S08E03, “Monsters;” as well as a look at the season ahead:
- Murder Hits Home for Bill Pullman‘s Detective Harry Ambrose in ‘The Sinner’ Season 2 Trailer - June 15, 2018
- Kevin Can Wait’s Leah Remini Cast as Conservative Lesbian in Fox Pilot from ‘It’s Always Sunny’ Team - June 15, 2018
- Ryan Murphy Announces ‘Murder House’/’Coven’ Crossover for American Horror Story Season 8 - June 14, 2018
- Tulip is Risen and It’s “Meet The L’Angell Family” in New ‘Preacher’ Season 3 Promos - June 14, 2018
- The ‘Fear the Walking Dead’/’The Walking Dead’ Crossover You Might’ve Missed - June 13, 2018