I grew up in Southern California and I was a Los Angeles Dodgers fan. I listened to games on the radio when they weren’t on television and the consistent thing for the over 4 decades I’ve been a fan has been the voice of Vin Scully. Recently retired, Scully is a legend and an icon to the sport of baseball. One of the absolute best announcer of all time.
Scully made news yesterday involving another sport… football. While at an appearance at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Scully was doing a Q&A session when he was asked about the NFL and the national anthem protests. Scully says the protests will keep him from watching the games anymore.
During the fall and winter, I watch the NFL on Sunday, and it’s not that I’m some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year, didn’t go anywhere, didn’t do anything, but I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing that I can do in my little way is to not to preach; I will never watch another NFL game.
According to ESPN, his comment was greeted by lengthy applause and cheers.
- J. Scott Campbell Details The Creation Of His New Little Mermaid Statue For Sideshow
- MLB The Show 18 Coming In March, Aaron Judge Gets The Cover
- Supergirl Season 3, Episode 23 Recap: Battles Lost and Won - June 18, 2018
- Marvel’s Luke Cage Season 1, Episode 8 Recap: Blowin’ Up the Spot - June 18, 2018
- Exclusive: J.M. DeMatteis and Mike Cavallero Bring ‘Impossible, Incorporated’ to IDW - June 18, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: The Final Battle of Supergirl vs. Reign - June 18, 2018
- Addressing Those Flash Season 5 Rumors - June 18, 2018