I grew up in Southern California and I was a Los Angeles Dodgers fan. I listened to games on the radio when they weren’t on television and the consistent thing for the over 4 decades I’ve been a fan has been the voice of Vin Scully. Recently retired, Scully is a legend and an icon to the sport of baseball. One of the absolute best announcer of all time.
Scully made news yesterday involving another sport… football. While at an appearance at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium, Scully was doing a Q&A session when he was asked about the NFL and the national anthem protests. Scully says the protests will keep him from watching the games anymore.
During the fall and winter, I watch the NFL on Sunday, and it’s not that I’m some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year, didn’t go anywhere, didn’t do anything, but I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing that I can do in my little way is to not to preach; I will never watch another NFL game.
According to ESPN, his comment was greeted by lengthy applause and cheers.
- J. Scott Campbell Details The Creation Of His New Little Mermaid Statue For Sideshow
- MLB The Show 18 Coming In March, Aaron Judge Gets The Cover
- NFL Draft 2018: Trade Near the Top as Jets and Colts Swap Picks - March 18, 2018
- Cirque du Soleil Aerialist Dies After Fall During Live Performance - March 18, 2018
- Krypton Season 1: Titles and Synopses for First 3 Episodes - March 18, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: 7 New Images Fuel the Ava Speculation - March 18, 2018
- Black Panther Comes to Late Night – Chadwick Boseman to Host SNL - March 18, 2018