Once upon a time, Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons put Mark Hamill in their comic, The Secret Service, as one of the many celebrities that were kidnapped as part of some kind of Atlas Shrugged end-of-the-world scenario.
It didn’t end well.
When it got turned into a movie, rather than appear as himself, Mark Hamill played the professor.
It also didn’t end well.
Could this collaboration be more fruitful? Bleeding Cool has been told that Mark Hamill will be writing an upcoming comic book for Mark Millar, an existing Millarworld title as recently bought lock, stock by Netflix for around $30 million.
But, in a twist, it won’t be Secret Service — or Kingsman. After all, Kingsman wasn’t part of the Netflix deal.
This won’t be Mark Hamill’s first comic, though. He wrote The Black Pearl with Eric Johnson, published in 2001 by Dark Horse Comics, and also for Bart Simpson’s Treehouse of Horror #7.
Expect an announcement and confirmation in the lead-up to the release of Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Starring a certain someone…
- Swag from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Star Rachel Bloom is Coming to Equestria [SDCC] - July 20, 2018
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018
- Boom! Studios: Shouting About Joss Whedon’s Firefly and Holo Cover Power Rangers - July 20, 2018