Last weekend I went to Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con and was set up in artist alley. I hadn’t really planned on doing any interviews, but I brought along my my microphone to at least try out and see if it would cut the crowd noise enough to do them in the future. And then I saw Brie Lemon. She was walking around the show in a 10-point Hela headdress that just demanded attention. And with Thor: Ragnarok opening this weekend, I figured I’d see if she had time to sit down for a quick chat.
The mic seemed to work well except for my questions which I replaced with cut-ins to make it easier. Brie designed her own version of the Hela costume using paper mache for the headdress and making her own leather harness. She’s relatively new to the cosplay world with this being just her second costume, but she is well on her way and I look forward to seeing whatever she does next.
Here is an image of Brie I took of her as Hela and one of her Maleficent costume I borrowed from her facebook page. Below that is the video where we talk about how Cosplay can be empowering, how she got into it and how long it took to make those horns.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018