Blizzard just wrapped up their opening ceremony at BlizzCon and in the process, introduced a ton of material they’ll be discussing this weekend. The big announcement coming out of Overwatch was the addition of a brand new hero in Moira. Blizzard sent out an extremely brief bio describing her as a “life-draining geneticist” who, as per the video at the bottom, has the ability to sap energy from her opponents, heal multiple players at once, teleport, and use her ultimate ability by doing both at the same time.
This is a badass character that I want to get my hands on and play as soon as possible. She plays like Mercy, Ana, Symmetra, and Zenyatta all in one. She’s definitely more the villain type, and that’s perfectly alright with me. But she doesn’t seem to have any of the Blackwatch marking we usually see on those characters, even though it was revealed she was apart of that and Talon at one point, so it’s hard to tell where the latest support-healer might fit into everything. But we do know this for certain, according to Jeff Kaplan, you spell Moira “OPAF”. Details are to be released later today about her backstory and a possible release date.
- No Surprise Here: South Korea Dominates 'Overwatch' World Cup Again
- Check Out The New 'Overwatch' League Uniform Skins
- Getting More Backstory On Moira From 'Overwatch'
- Check Out The Next 'Overwatch' Map: Blizzard World
- For Honor & Glory: Check Out Reinhardt's New 'Overwatch' Video
- Did Somebody Call A Doctor? Overwatch's Mercy Nerfed Yet Again
- The 21st Annual DICE Awards Submissions Period Has Begun
- 'Overwatch' Will Offer New Options For Esports Competitors
- X-Men: Blue #14 Review: That Mojo Magic
- A Fan Video Shows 'Overwatch' In The World Of 'Pokémon'
- Techland Launching Their Own Battle Royale Game with Dying Light: Bad Blood - August 20, 2018
- Insomnia: The Ark Gets a New Lore Trailer From the Developers - August 19, 2018
- Jujubee Releases a New Trailer for Their Russian Submarine Game KURSK - August 19, 2018
- God of War Was Almost Set in Ancient Egypt, According to Developers - August 19, 2018
- Treadnauts Receives a New Launch Trailer as its Released on Steam - August 19, 2018