adidas, in partnership with Call of Duty, today unveiled the “Squadron Pack” of custom cleats and exclusive advanced copy of Call of Duty: WWII. The pack was created for adidas Football athletes, including Dak Prescott, Von Miller, DeAndre Hopkins, Jay Ajayi and Josh Norman to honor the United States’ active military and veterans in celebration of Veterans Day. Since nothing says Veterans Day like Call of Duty and adidas cleats, apparently.
Starting with blank silver adidas cleats as canvases, each design was personalized with graphics and decorative elements to match each player’s personality. Other design details include symbols on the medial side of the cleats that depict the big plays, statistics, awards and accolades of each player, similar to the way college football teams place stickers on helmets for achievements. You might also notice that quite a few of them have bomber-style shark grin designs, which were pretty popular back during the Second World War.
Partnering with Activision Publishing, Inc. adidas will include an exclusive advanced copy of Call of Duty: World War II and a custom adidas x Call of Duty branded PlayStation 4.
On November 3, Call of Duty returns to its historical roots with Call of Duty: World War II, from Sledgehammer Games. Because no one misses punching virtual Nazis in the face quite like Call of Duty players.
Going off that WWII theme, the Squadron Pack kits for adidas Football athletes include:
- Custom adidas Football cleats
- adidas Running alphabounce
- Exclusive adidas t-shirt (Utilizing an overspray design found on military vehicles, equipment, etc., the adidas Badge of Sport logo and FOOTBALL wordmark are prominently placed on the chest)
- Custom NHL Military Appreciation Jersey
- Personalized adidas bomber jackets with custom embroidered patches
- Call of Duty®: World War II
- Custom Call of Duty®: World War II x adidas PlayStation4®
- PRIVATE LABEL Camouflage duffel bags