Stranger Things has become a cultural touchstone of the Netflix era. Appealing to nostalgia of growing up in the 80s with a modern science fiction sensibility, the series has quickly penetrated the social consciousness.
For Halloween The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon generally goes all out on guests and costumes. Last night, they had Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown perform a recap rap about the first season of the show.
The lyrics for her rap:
Let’s go back to Indiana, circa Nineteen Eighty-Three.
Just four boys in the basement chillin’ playin’ D&D.
There was Lucas there was Willy Will and Dustin, there was Mike,
But one night Will goes missing while he’s riding on his bike – yikes!
That’s when they met me Elev,
I had no hair on my head.
I had been so close to dead,
Courtesy of Dr. Brenner who’s huntin’ me twenty-four sev.
Joyce was hanging Christmas lights in the web,
Started hearing something Willy had said,
This could be a message from the beyond.
What happened to Barb? She’s just gone in the Upside Down.
Hopper’s on top of the case,
I’m throwing vans into space.
I’m lying down in a tank,
Trying my best to find Willy and Dustin’s got pudding for days.
Demogorgon’s getting’ all in my way,
Blast him to pieces just like a grenade.
Will’s now at home coughin’ slugs in the sink,
What happened to me? I’m in the Upside Down.
What about now? The saga continues, tune in to see how.
Upside down. What about now? The saga continues, tune in to see how.
All I need is my Eggo waffles, I’m in love with those.
What I’m left with when I use my powers is a bloody nose.
Bad news when you see that bloody nose
Bad news when you see that bloody nose.
- Millie Bobby Brown to Produce, Star in Legendary's Enola Holmes Film Series
- Netflix Officially Orders 3rd Season of Stranger Things
- Stranger Things Season 2 Review- A Rare Sequel That Lives Up To The Hype
- Stranger Things 2: Sesame Street Teases Parody 'Sharing Things'
- Stranger Things' Charlie Heaton Refused Entry To US After Caught At LAX With Cocaine
- Watch: Trailer For Animated Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay Movie - January 17, 2018
- Let’s Talk About the American Crime Story: Versace Premiere - January 17, 2018
- NBC’s Olympic Opening Ceremony Hosts for PyeongChang Announced - January 17, 2018
- Let’s Talk ABout America’s Next Top Model Cycle 24 Episode 2 - January 17, 2018
- Flash Standalone Film ‘Flashpoint’ May Have Found Its Directors - January 16, 2018