The news has finally been confirmed, after months of speculation that they wouldn’t meet the end of the year, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will be coming to the Xbox One on December 12th. The news came out this morning during a Microsoft Special Event livestream, with Bluehole fulfilling their promise to fans to get the game onto the console by year’s end.
Aside from the fact that you can officially take the stigma of being in Early Access off the game due to it being published by Microsoft for their system, the game will be a downloadable title for a short period of time with a retail version coming down the road with 4K and HDR additions to be added at a later date. Unlike the PC version, the Xbox One version of PUBG will run on Microsoft’s internal Azure servers as opposed to the Amazon ones they’ve been using. So those of you who have been hoping for some sort of crossplay will be hoping for a while as it’s unlikely that Microsoft will play ball with Amazon to make it happen. Which also means the playlists are going to be confined to Gold members, meaning your pool of potential players may be small for a while.
- Check Out The Latest Pictures Of PUBG's Desert Level
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Brag About Their Own 20 Million
- Cheaters Beware: PUBG Is Now Actively Hunting You Down
- Climbing & Vaulting Abilities Are On The Way For 'PUBG'
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Will Not Have A Campaign Mode
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds To Do Cheater Maintenance Tonight
- 'Fortnite' Reveals Their "Fortnitemares" Halloween Event
- 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' Latest Patch Changes Item Spawn Rates
- Supermassive Games Trademarks Shattered State Without Exclusivity - August 18, 2018
- Far Cry 5 Reveals Next DLC Event, Dead Living Zombies - August 18, 2018
- Librarian Embezzles $89k, Spends It All on ‘Game of War’ Microtransactions - August 18, 2018
- Six Major Paris 2018: Semifinals – Evil Geniuses vs. Rogue - August 18, 2018
- Valve is Apparently Launching Its Own Streaming Channel Called Stream TV - August 18, 2018