Tomorrow sees the publication of Robotech #4 from Titan Comics, the Robotech comic book reboot travelling its very own continuity path, from Brian Wood and Marco Turini, with Simon Furman to join the team next month.
ROBOTECH ISSUE #4
Writer: Brian Wood
Artist: Marco Turini
Colorist: Marco Lesko
FC – 32pp – $3.99 – On sale: November 1, 2017
Ten years ago, a mysterious ship crashed on Macross Island in the South Pacific. In the intervening years, the people of Earth have used the ‘Robotechnology’ from the ship to significantly advance their own technology.On the launch day of the Super-Dimension Fortress (the SDF-1), Earth is attacked by mysterious aliens. The SDF-1 is eventually forced to ‘space-fold’ into space – but takes a chunk of Macross City with them (the city and its citizens have been moved inside the massive SDF-1). The SDF-1 is now lost in space, while the aliens prepare to attack again…
And things are changing. At MCM London Comic Con, Titan Comics talked about a death coming to Robotech #4, out tomorrow. And old-time fans knew what was coming. Or did they? Because in the original anime the major death was Roy Fokker.
However, in Titan Comics’ reboot of the series, it’s not Roy. It’s actually Henry Gloval or Minmei who bites the bullet at the end of Issue #4, both heroically fighting off the alien attack.
This death fundamentally changes the landscape and established canon of Robotech in a big way and the hook is set for the future of the story from here…
- Stern Blows Us Away With New Guardians Of The Galaxy Pinball Machine
- Fraggle Rock Funko Pops Push The Nostalgia Button
- 265 Cosplay Pics From San Diego Comic-Con 2018 – From She-Hulk to Mrs Rick & Morty - July 20, 2018
- Swag from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2018
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Star Rachel Bloom is Coming to Equestria [SDCC] - July 20, 2018
- Batman Back in the Bat-Trunks Over His Broken Heart - July 20, 2018
- DC Confirms Pete Tomasi on Detective Comics with Doug Mahnke from #994 - July 20, 2018