Welcome to Bleeding Cool’s weekly recap of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8, beginning with the season premiere and 100th episode “Mercy”…and what a season premiere it was!
Rick’s (Andrew Lincoln) got the band back together and brought a ton of firepower down on Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) and The Saviors, making a statement and showing Negan that they have no intention of either bowing or going gently into the night. But a wild animal is the most dangerous when it’s wounded, so a wounded, humiliated Negan (sweet move taking that pic, Rick) is a brute force that our heroes haven’t had to deal with before now. Looks like Father Gabriel (Seth Gilliam) is going to be the first one to find out…if either of them is able to make it out of that walker surrounded trailer, that is.
So my overview/recap of the episode is waiting patiently for your eyeballs below, along with some Spare Parts that I picked up along the way that I thought you might find interesting. You can also check out the transcript of my live-blog of the episode here or by clicking the link after the video.
But one quick thing before we get our recap under way…
Just to be clear, this is not a “formal review” — more of a recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up “monster” all its own — but I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode. Just something to keep in mind before watching or re-watching the episode. Definitely not looking to have angry fellow geeks outside my apartment with pitchforks and torches because I slacked off on the spoiler warnings.
You can take a look back at last Sunday’s live blog of the Season 8 premiere by clicking here.
Here’s a look at The Walking Dead S08E02, “The Damned;” as well as a look at the season ahead:
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018
- American Horror Story: Apocalypse Season 8, Episode 7 ‘Traitor’: Cordelia Recruits More Magic - October 21, 2018
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia Season 13, Episode 8 ‘Charlie’s Home Alone’: Charlie Channels His Inner “Culkin” (PREVIEW) - October 21, 2018
- Heathers Season 1: Your Guide to Paramount Network’s 5-Night “Binge Event” - October 19, 2018
- Kidding Season 1, Episode 7 ‘Kintsugi’: “Mr. Pickles-san” Pays a Visit (PREVIEW) - October 19, 2018